Followers

Thursday, March 20, 2014

OCC homework

Today I'm showing cards inspired by day 8 and 9 of CLEAN&SIMPLE online card class.

The first was inspired by Dawn's watercoloring made easy card. I just love the effect masking creates on this card. I used KaiserCraft stamps and Mont Marte watercolour pencils to colour the rose and Hero Art shadow inks for the butterfly. I softened the outline of the butterfly using a Copic colorless blender pen. I scored a frame to complete the card. Don't look to hard as the bone folder slipped as I was scoring the top line, hehe


 
 
The second was inspired by Stephanie's card "Time to celebrate". She embossed and glittered party balloons to create a stunning card. Unfortunately the only balloon stamps I could find were hot air ones so I placed them high in the sky using Stephs border inking technique, adding clouds for dimension. Again I coloured the balloons using Mont Marte watercolour pencils but with a twist. Instead of using water used Wink of Stella to add highlights to the balloon.
 


.Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Sharon Underwood said...

Your cards are so pretty! Love those hot air balloons. You've done a great job with the lessons!