Followers

Sunday, February 12, 2012

House update and an inspiration alert.

Building has come to a standstill over the weekend as we await the arrival, on Tuesday of the roof trusses. Today I marked out where the kitchen cabinets will be situated and also where power points will go. Other than that it was just a general tidy up of the site and a tip run.

Here's the completed walls.


Sooo, I was able to spend a lazy afternoon in my studio surfing the net and getting inky!
One of my fave blogs to visit is 'Less is More' where Joy never fails to inspire with her awesome cards.
Well yesterdays card blew me away and I knew I had to create my own version. I followed Joys instructions for the background then added my own stamp and sentiment. The border I created by drawing a solid black line with a marker and then added small dashes of Rangers white enamel accents. I coloured the butterflies with markers then coated in Glossy Accents. I'm thrilled with how this turned out!

Here's Joy's card,
and here is mine.



I'm going to spend the evening playing with this design, changing the colours and just having fun!
See you next time, when we hopefully have a roof!


























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































1 comment:

Joy said...

I think you have done an awesome job on this card Glenda, thank you for the lovely write up and thank you for being so inspired by me...enjoy playing with different colours and design using this technique...big hugs